other useful organisations
in the south London area
Wandsworth Oasis – Wandsworth Oasis is a local charity raising money for people with HIV in the Wandsworth area; TransPALS occasionally host joint events.
in the rest of London
Trans Network London
Trans Network London (TNL) is a trans led networking group that aims to improve London living within our trans communities through establishing connections. Members of TNL include:
- cliniQ – a free holistic sexual health and well-being service for all trans* and non-binary people, partners, friends and family. A queer inclusive positive space.
- FTM London – support, information, resources and friendly networking for the trans* masculine community
- Galop – London’s LGBT anti-violence and abuse charity, giving advice and support to people who have experience biphobia, homophobia, transphobia, sexual violence or domestic abuse
- Gendered Intelligence – community interest company that engages people in debates about gender, working within young people’s settings.
- Spectrum – London wellbeing service for trans* and gender variant communities. Monthly social and support groups for trans* communities in West London and Soho.
- Stonewall Housing – Advocacy, advice, housing support for LGBT people
- T on Tuesday – Trans social group at London Friend on the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month
- TAGS – London Trans and Gender Non-conforming Swimming group
- TMSA-UK – Trans* masculine support and advice; online support group for trans* masculine people in the UK
- TransLondon – Discussion and support group for the trans* community; all members must be trans-identified or questioning.
other trans* organisations
- Trans Unite – A directory including over 100 verified UK Trans support groups.
- Trans*formation – A networking and advocacy group for professionals who identify as Trans* and their friends and supporters.
- Non Binary London – Non-binary London exists to create and enable spaces both online and in person for non-binary people in London to connect with each other.
for the wider LGBT community in South London
- LGBT Croydon,
- Kingston LGBT forum,
- Lambeth LGBT+ forum,
- Lewisham LGBT network,
- Merton LGBT+ forum,
- Southwark LGBT network and LGBT forum,
- Sutton LGBT forum
- Wandsworth LGBT forum
If you know of any LGBT networks in
- Greenwich, or
please let us know!
If you need emotional support, or you are in distress or despair, you can contact Samaritans on 116 123.
If you’ve problems with debt, StepChange is a charity which may be able to help – call them free from any landline or mobile on 0800 138 1111.